Full Time Permanent/Non-Exempt
Reports to Client Services Manager
The position works with individuals to determine their needs in line with agency resources, to develop an
action plan to identify appropriate internal and external resources. Provides intervention as appropriate
advocacy and referrals to other agency providers; wrap-around services
- Ability to work with diverse backgrounds including low-income persons, public officials, social service
agency staff, and volunteers.
- Ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing with strong listening and assessment skills.
- Previous experience and/or the demonstrated ability to perform standard agency and program assessments to
quality client-applicants; utilization of writing skills and grammatical structure to record coherent sentences
that document and summarize assessment information as necessary to formulate client action plans, and to
update on client progress and goals.
- Ability to manage difficult client conflicts through the effective communication of program requirements,
prescribed interventions, and accurate information, while exercising, empathy, compassion while ensuring
client compliance with program policies and procedures.
- Strong computer literacy and ability to operate personal computer, lap top and/or tablet.
- Demonstrated command of MS Office Suite (Outlook Word, Excel, Power Point).
- Ability to operate fax machine, calculator, copier.
- Good problem-solving skills.
- Ability to learn and understand established policies and procedures as well as the values and beliefs of the
- Ability to handle basic mathematics computations and interpolations.
- Ability to work with little or no supervision.
- Ability to handle and maintain confidentiality of information and materials.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide one-on-one case management. Interview and assess clients to determine needs and eligibility.
- Conduct individual and group sessions related to financial education.
- Together with the client, establish goals and develop a written service plan for achieving those goals.
- Monitor the client’s progress through persistent and consistent follow-up through office visits, and off-site
visits which may require transporting the client and adjust service plan when appropriate.
- Maintain client files with regular notation of client activity and progress.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with other human service providers and low-income
community organizations. Know criteria and eligibility requirements of external providers.
- Enter client data into computer system.
- Update client data and files with current information.
- Performs Other Duties as Assigned.
- PREFERRED. University Graduate or University Undergraduate (with experience in human services
and/or or social work). Candidates with experience in or Administrative Assistant in Human Services,
- Social Services, Social Work and/or Customer Service Intake and Processing will be considered.
- Attention to Detail.
- Knowledge of general office practices and procedures.
- Ability to communicate effectively, verbally, and in written form.
- Ability to exercise sound judgement and maintain confidentiality.
- INDEPENDENT ACTIONS AND JUDGMENT:
- Actions are controlled by Community Action policies and procedures, and by-laws governing non-profit
organizations. Work with information of a confidential nature.
- WORKING RELATIONSHIP:
- WorkS with all levels of management, Community Action personnel, and general public. Position
demands high levels of courtesy, diplomacy and tact.
- WORKING CONDITIONS:
- Work is performed in a standard office environment.
- May be required to work, beyond regular office hours to meet deadlines and the needs of the
population the organization serves.
Interested candidates will submit a resume along with a letter of interest that outlines their qualifications in relationship to the duties and qualifications of the job.