Department Community Engagement and Learning
Reports To: Director, Community Engagement and Learning Development
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt (Full Time Permanent)
Position Summary: Position assesses community needs, utilizes great people skills, planning and results-oriented problem solving as a catalyst to bring people together, to build relationships for the common good resulting in more resilient communities.
- Maps and maintains awareness of formal and informal community activity sharing this information locally and across the city to promote increased participation
- Identifies community assets and resources
- Listens widely to adults and young people of all backgrounds within the community to understand more about people’s lives and how they feel about their community
- Supports motivated individuals to transform ideas into action for the benefit of themselves and Others.
- Identifies and encourages people who are natural connectors and natural leaders within the Community.
- Advocates for the community or underrepresented aspects of the community.
- Develops insight into power dynamics within a community and supports people to understand, manage and challenge these, where necessary.
- Maintains awareness of city, county and other initiatives and developments that present opportunities for citizens to be more engaged and have influence over what happens in their communities.
- Encourages participation program initiatives and enables citizens to co-design their own Initiatives.
- Co-operates with (or works to establish) a local support group of community organizations and activists to share ideas, learning and co-design community led- initiatives.
- Builds & maintains co-operative internal and external relationships as part of We CANN M.O.V.E.
- Actively markets and promotes the program within communities.
- Collects evidence of outputs and outcomes, ensuring consistent implementation of the monitoring and evaluation process.
- Be aware of and follow [employer’s] policies and procedures, with attention to safeguarding, health and safety, and equality and diversity.
- Support fundraising and income generation.
- You are also required to undertake any other duties within your capabilities as may be reasonably required.
- Provides administrative support to the We CANN Program.
- Assist with weekly, monthly and quarterly reports.
- Assist in communication of program schedules, events, and trainings
- Assist with the preparation of training expense reports and statements.
- Maintain and manage events and schedules calendar of the We CANN.
- Attend trainings as appropriate.
- Performs Other Duties as Assigned for We CANN Academy
Technical Skills Required
- Understanding and experience of monitoring and evaluation
- Knowledge of statutory, private, voluntary and community groups
- Understanding of professional boundaries and safeguarding
- Knowledge and experience of different types of social media
- Strong Computer Skills – including Word, Excel, Power Point and outlook
- Ability to effectively communicate (verbal and written) and work with all levels of employees including participants of the We CANN programs
- High School Diploma or GED
Soft Skills Required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills especially in engaging and listening to people
- Experience of developing and working with groups
- Ability to treat those we serve as equals
- Ability to manage varying interest and potential conflict with confidence and sensitivity
- Experience of working collaboratively
- Ability to work flexibly – both independently and as part of a team, i.e. quick learner and able to research and learn on his/her own
- Required: Must be able to work with multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment
- Driver’s License required
- Mobile work as needed
- Evening and Weekend work as needed