Foster Grandparent Program
Foster Grandparent Coordinator (Part Time)
Immediate hire: Non-Exempt -Hourly/$12.50
SCOPE OF SUPERVISION:
Experience with basic office management, communication skills, computer, printmaker, fax, files and organization skills is a must. Individual will assist in preparing payroll for participants. Therefore, any related payroll experience is a plus.
A great opportunity!
PURPOSE OF POSITION: The position supports and recruits senior citizens who enjoy working with children. Selected grandparent volunteers who meet eligibility guidelines are assigned to the Foster Grandparent Program (FGP) site location in the agency’s service area. Grandparents work one-on-one with at-risk and special needs children. Sites include Indianapolis Public Schools, day care centers, shelters, hospitals and guardian homes.
- Monitors Foster Grandparent assignments.
- Maintain Foster Grandparent files in an efficient manner-oversee acquiring and updating Foster Grandparent information to meet program requirements.
- Assists in the recruitment and training of Foster Grandparents Develops and distribute the Foster Grandparent Newsletter
- Visits volunteer stations on a regular basis. Develop and maintain close coordination with volunteer staff.
- Coordinates both initial and seasonal placement of Foster Grandparents at their volunteer stations and provide orientation to new stations.
- Assists in developing in-service and orientation trainings.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll for the Foster Grandparents, via Voltrax System.
- Acts as a mediator to resolve conflicts and concerns with Foster Grandparents and/or volunteer stations.
- Assists in organizing and implementing special events/meetings, recognition events, and volunteer stations.
- Ability to provide case management of Foster Grandparents Bookkeeping and secretarial duties.
- Performs Other Duties As Assigned.