COMMUNITY ACTION OF GREATER INDIANAPOLIS… is searching for an HVAC/Weatherization Manager to lead our small Indianapolis, IN team.
SAVE YOUR BACK…NO MORE HEAVY EQUIPMENT!! In this position, you won’t do the work, you’ll oversee the work. You will periodically utilize your HVAC certification and experience to perform “clean and tunes” on existing furnaces. However, your primary role will leverage your expertise to effectively coach, delegate tasks, and supervise two Energy Auditors who originate work orders for homes that qualify for weatherization services (furnace install, furnace repair, insulation, hot water repair or replacement, roofs, windows, and other energy saving features) as prescribed by the Department of Energy (DOE). You will monitor and report on the progress of work orders from start to finish and ensure completion of work according to DOE standards.
GREAT WORK LIFE BALANCE: This position offers great work-life balance. NO WEEKEND WORK!! You will work Monday-Friday, starting at 8:30 -5:00 PM, with an hour for lunch.
COMPETIVE PAY/BENEFITS/VACATION/401-K PACKAGE: You can expect to earn a competitive starting hourly wage of $23 – $26 HOURLY upon completion of our required Department of Energy certifications. You will receive full Medical and Vision. NO COST for Dental, STD and LTD Insurance. FIVE (5) Vacation Weeks to start!!! 15 paid holidays, and 401-K (with dollar-for -dollar match) after your first year. Company car is provided to perform work…WE’LL PUT OUR WORKLIFE BALANCE UP AGAINST ANY OF THE REST!!
TRAINING: We pay for training. You will layer your HVAC experience with the instruction and coaching from our certified trainers via online and COVID-Safe laboratory training. The training will prepare you to obtain three (3) required, very competitive and desirable Department of Energy Certifications: Led Certification, Energy Auditor Certification and Qualified Control Inspector certifications.
ARE YOU INTERESTED…KEEP READING FURTHER…
POSITION PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVES: To ensure the successful development, implementation, supervision and evaluation of the Weatherization Program in compliance with the Department of Energy, federal, state and program specific regulations.
- HVAC CERTIFICATION
- SMALL/LARGE CONSTRUCTION BACKGROUND – A PLUS
- CONSTRUCTION MANAGEMENT TRAINING OR CERTIFICATION – A PLUS
- Business acumen with demonstrated experience using spreadsheets to track, monitor, interpret and understand financial metrics including budget line items—revenues, costs, subsidiary accounts by various program budgets.
- Submit accurate grant proposals, budgets, and other reports required for programs.
- Compile, maintain and analyze key statistical information for improvement of programs.
- Maintain tracking records and an overview of Weatherization staff and contractors on their certifications, training, and CEU’s as required by the program.
- Review and Complete Final Inspection reports on Weatherization projects to ensure that work is completed properly within set parameters and contractors are paid for this work in a timely manner.
- Ensure policies and procedures are developed to meet best practice standards, including all compliance and contract metrics, for programs.
- Recruit, train, consult, provide technical assistance and supervise staff/volunteers providing direct services to clients.
- Support recommendations on hiring, firing, disciplining, and performance appraisals for staff personnel/private contractors needed to fulfill awards with funding sources.
- Ensure that appropriate action is taken for the resolution of complaints from clients, vendors and staff.
- Work with internal service departments such as Client Services to promote programs through brochures, media and community presentations and Fiscal Department to monitor program progress and utilization of program funds.
- Network on local, state and national level to increase awareness of programs and to seek avenues for program development. Interact with other CAP agencies on program best practices.
- Attend relevant trainings and conferences to enhance program related knowledge.
- Knows the importance of open and consistent customer and office communication
COMMUNITY ACTION OF GREATER INDIANAPOLIS NEEDS YOU!! INTERESTED? WE WANT TO TALK TO YOU, TODAY. PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME, ALONG WITH COVER LETTER THAT RELATE YOUR QUALIFICATIONS TO THE POSITION.