REPORTS TO: Executive Director
FLSA STATUS: Exempt (Full-Time Permanent)
POSITION SUMMARY: The position ensures the successful development, implementation,
supervision and evaluation of the Weatherization Program in compliance with Department of
Energy, federal, state and program specific regulations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Business acumen with demonstrated experience using spreadsheets to track, monitor, interpret
and understand financial metrics including budget line items—revenues, costs, and subsidiary
accounts used to account for funds across two or more programs.
- Demonstrated experience with grant proposals, budgets, and program reporting.
- Compile, maintain and analyze key statistical information for improvement of programs.
- Maintain tracking records and an overview of Weatherization staff and contractors on their
certifications, training, and CEU’s as required by the program.
- Review and Complete Final Inspection reports on Weatherization projects to ensure that work is
completed properly within set parameters and contractors are paid for this work in a timely
- Ensures appropriate action is taken for the resolution of complaints from clients, vendors and
- Ensures policies and procedures are developed to meet best practice standards, including all
compliance and contract metrics, for programs.
- Recruit, train, consult, provide technical assistance and supervise staff/volunteers providing
direct services to clients.
- Ability to substantiate recommendations on hiring, firing, disciplining, and performance
appraisals for staff personnel/private contractors needed to fulfill awards with funding sources.
- Work with internal service departments such as Client Services to promote programs through
brochures, media and community presentations and Fiscal Department to monitor program
progress and utilization of program funds.
- Network on local, state and national level to increase awareness of programs and to seek
avenues for program development. Interact with other CAP agencies on program best practices.
- Attend relevant trainings and conferences to enhance program related knowledge.
- Bachelor’s Degree Required AND/OR High School Diploma with five (5) years of related experience (in a
social service setting preferred, but not required).
- The Essential Functions of the position description shall be used as criteria to evaluate and identify
best qualified candidate for the position in addition to the following:
- Previous experience in supervision preferred. Ability to comprehend, analyze, make inferences and
references from written material. Must possess the ability to organize and multi-task as well as exercise
critical thinking skills to solve problems. Must possess strong computer skills and have the ability to
learn new systems and programs. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills and be
able to effectively communicate with staff, clients, and inter/intra agencies. Possess ability and desire to
work effectively with clients in a non-judgmental and supportive manner. Must possess the ability to
evaluate and react to change in a positive and productive manner. Must have the ability to maintain
client confidentiality and to exercise ethical judgment, integrity, dependability and accountability in the
performance of duties. Must possess a valid Indiana Driver’s license and dependable transportation in
order to provide services in counties served by Area IV. Employee must complete an Indiana Limited
Criminal History Background Check and National Full Criminal History check.